Monday, September 10, 2007

Cheese Grits and more to come!!

Ok, so I am working somewhere and apologize that I have not been able to post, I have lots of ideas and can't wait to share them. My next post will explore thrift stores in the area...be prepared and excited...it WILL be worth it..

BUT, I did want to share a little something special for all of you soul food lovers out there...

Last night, I made something decident...

CHEESE GRITS with Cauliflower

OK the recipe is
2 cups of milk (the wholer the better, I'm sure)
2 cups of water
4 ounces of Cheddar (or basically any cheese you fancy really..)
1 cup of corn meal
1/2 tsp of pepper
1 and 1/2 tsp salt
4 tablespoons of butter
and add a veggie ( I added a head of cauliflower)

bring the milk and water and salt to a boil (add veggie if you have one)
slowly add the corn meal
once all the corn meal has been added, lower the heat and whisk mixture every 3-4 minutes for 20-25 minutes (REMOVE FROM THE HEAT)
at the end of this time, add the butter until melted.
add the pepper
slowly add the cheese

Serve pretty much immediately...

More to come my friends

No comments: